A Netgear wireless router allows you to connect your devices to your home network and local area network wirelessly. By accessing the Netgear router login page, you can enjoy networking features such as Guest zone, network storage, traffic meter, and USB external hard-drive support for network storage etc. Whether you want to set up your router or configure its settings you might need to log in its web administration interface.
Logging in to your Netgear router allows you to change the router’s default login credentials, customize network preferences, strengthen security, and enable features such as guest control & parental controls. You can perform Netgear router login process with a spontaneous web-based interface.
In this article, we will tell you how to login to the Netgear wireless router. Keep following the article to understand the process of Netgear router login.
How to login to Netgear wireless router?
In order to access Netgear router, you must have an account on the Netgear website. Before you log in, make sure you have connected your router with your modem and PC.
- If your PC connects to the router using an Ethernet cable, Router’s web login page automatically opens when you launch your web browser.
- If your PC connects to the router wirelessly, then you have to select the network first. Once you would be able to find a network, your wireless connection is established.
Now follow the below mentioned steps to log in to Netgear router:
Step 1: After setting up a wired or wireless connection, launch a web browser on your PC. Type default login address www.routerlogin.com or www.routerlogin.net in the browser’s address bar and press enter. The login page of your router automatically launches.
Step 2: On the Netgear router login page, enter your username and password that you have set before otherwise enter the admin username and password. Click “Login”.
Step 3: Once you press the “Login” button, you will be redirected to the router’s web-based setup page. Now you can set up your router using smart setup wizards and change the settings of the Netgear router as per your need.
Note: If you have forgotten your username and password then you have to follow a simple process to reset the router to its default factory settings. Press the reset button which is located on the back side of the router and hold it for 10 seconds. Release the reset button after 10 seconds and the Netgear router reset process is finished.
If you are having trouble to connect to your home network or you cannot access Netgear router login page using www.routerlogin.net, try these troubleshooting steps:
- If you cannot connect to wifi using login web address then try connecting to the websites by using the router’s default IP address i.e. https://192.168.1.1.
- If the problem persists, then try using a different browser or wireless device to connect.
- Now, restart the entire network.
- Temporarily disable or uninstall all the settings for the firewall and antivirus.
- If nothing works out, perform a factory reset on the router.
After a factory reset, you might need to configure your Netgear router again so that it gets hooked up with the Internet. We hope that this article will help you out to know how to login to Netgear wireless router. If you need further assistance, then you can contact our experts at our toll-free no. We will provide you with 24/7 technical support to resolve your issues.