Netgear Nighthawk R6900 P Setup
The NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1900 Smart Wi-Fi Router Model R6900P delivers combined Wi-Fi connection speeds of up to AC1900 Wi-Fi 600 Mbps on 2.4 GHz 802.11n and 1300 Mbps on 5 GHz 802.11ac. The NETGEAR Nighthawk R6900P router is powered by a dual-core 1 GHz processor which is ideal for high bandwidth activities such as online gaming and video streaming. It has high-powered amplifiers with antennas providing Wi-Fi coverage anywhere around your home. The NETGEAR Nighthawk R6900P supports Dynamic Quality of Service which is optimized for online gaming with game consoles like Xbox.
NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1900 Smart Wi-Fi Router handles all your high-bandwidth online activities with features that will keep you connected at top speeds. The NETGEAR Nighthawk router has powerful 1GHz dual-core processor and Dynamic QoS, which helps in prioritizing bandwidth to your game so other devices on the network don’t slow down your connection. You can enjoy uninterrupted video streaming with limited buffering for streaming applications like YouTube, Netflix, and others.
Multi-user MIMO (MU-MIMO) technology: NETGEAR routers can stream data to multiple devices simultaneously by using MU-MIMO technology. This technology helps you in delivering faster throughput to every MU-MIMO connected device on the Wi-Fi network.
Smart Parental Controls: The smart parental controls feature on the NETGEAR Nighthawk router you can easily manage content and time online for every family member. You can set Time Limits on daily internet time for apps, and websites and even pause the internet by the device or by the user with the press of a single button. You can also manage your family’s mobile devices across all networks.
Dynamic Quality of Service: Dynamic QoS resolves Internet traffic congestion when you have competitive Internet demands at home. This feature identifies your online activities and automatically allocates more bandwidth to sensitive applications like online gaming and video streaming ensuring that lower priority applications continue to work.
Simple and Secure Cloud Storage: The NETGEAR Nighthawk R6900P router allows you to access and share your files stored on a USB Drive through NETGEAR Ready CLOUD USB Access. You just need to simply plug your USB hard drive into your NETGEAR Nighthawk Wi-Fi Router to create personal cloud storage. You can enjoy the accessibility of Google Drive and Dropbox without the fees and storage limitations.
- Turn the router on and make sure that your computer or wireless device is connected to the router with an Ethernet cable or wirelessly with the default settings mentioned on the label.
- Launch an Internet browser and type in http://www.netgearfirmwareupdate.net/. The NETGEAR genie screen displays.
- Enter the default username and password. The Wi-Fi network name and password is mentioned on the router’s label. You need to select the Wi-Fi network and put in the Wi-Fi password.
- Your device will automatically connect to the NETGEAR router. Once your router is connected you can try connecting your other devices as well.
How can I reset my NETGEAR Nighthawk R6900P router?
- You can use a pen or a paper clip to press and hold the Reset button for at least 25-30 seconds.
- Release the Reset button. The router will reboot itself and the default settings are restored.
- You can access the router from your internet browser using the default username and password.
How can I use WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) on my NETGEAR Nighthawk router?
- Launch an Internet browser from a computer or wireless device that is connected to the network.
- Type routerrloginnet.net in the address bar of any web browser.
- Enter the router username and password.
- Select ADVANCED. Click on Advanced Setup and select Wireless Settings.
- Select or clear the Disable Router’s PIN check box.
- Select or clear the Keep Existing Wireless Settings check box.
- Click on the Apply button.
How do I update NETGEAR router firmware in Insight?
If firmware updates are available for your NETGEAR Nighthawk router, Insight will detect and lists the updates and let you update the firmware on individual devices. If you enable Insight notifications you receive notification of the new firmware whenever it is available.
- Launch the Insight app.
- Click Networks. If you have set up more than one network location select your network.
- Click Firmware Management. If any firmware updates are available, the page will show the devices for which the updates are available.
- If multiple devices are shown, select the device for which you want to update the firmware.
- The Update firmware page displays. Click on Update.
- Click the arrow at the top of the page to return to the previous page.
- In the menu at the bottom, click on Devices.
- Select the device for which you just updated the firmware.
- Verify that the updated firmware version is listed under the image of the device.