The world is running very fast and in this fast running era, we as an individual also need to be fast in every aspect of life. We all know that whether the printer is at home or office, it takes too long to print a huge document. The user needs to go to the printer and make sure the wires are connected properly between the devices. This creates a lot of fuss while working on something. So what is the solution? Setting up a printer with the wireless network can help you get rid of this fuss. In this article, you will read about the Netgear router printer setup process.
PRINTER HARDWARE SETUP
Before we proceed to show you the process for Netgear router printer setup, please ensure the hardware setup is done correctly as follows.
- Attach the power cord to the printer and plug other end into the power outlet near it.
- Now connect the printer to the computer using a USB cable. Connect the one end of the USB cable to the printer and another end into the computer. Make sure the computer is connected to the Netgear wireless network.
- After the hardware setup, power on the printer and wait while it is in working state.
The above-mentioned instructions are to be followed carefully in order to avoid an issue while perform the process of Netgear router printer setup.
Now the instructions that we are about to provide you with are to be performed on the computer that is connected to the Netgear router.
- Get the installation disk you got with the printer package and insert it into the computer.
- Now follow the instructions to install the printer driver on the computer.
- After you install the printer driver on the computer, reboot the computer. Rebooting the computer will allow the printer driver to install properly.
- Now go to the Start menu and navigate to the Control panel for the further process.
- After this, go to the Network and Sharing center and turn on the printer sharing option.
- Now click on the Apply tab to save the settings on your computer.
- Test the printer configuration by sending a print command from another wireless-enabled device. The device should be connected to the Netgear wireless router’s network.
If the printer is printing the document, it means that the printer is successfully connected to the wireless network and your Netgear router printer setup is completed.
So this article was all about the Netgear router printer setup. We hope that this article helped you to avoid the fuss while printing your files and documents. By now, you must have understood the benefits of adding a printer to the wireless network. In case you face an issue while attempting to set up the printer with the Netgear wireless router, feel free to call us on our Toll-Free number and we will be more than happy to assist you.